We all browse the internet every single day. But have you ever thought about the number of amazing websites you’ve never heard about? Well, today is your lucky day!
Here are 20 hidden gems on the Internet that may make your 2020 a bit more enjoyable.
The power of AI
- This Word Does Not Exist: Have you ever heard the word “marchment“ before? How about “greensmum“? The answer is probably no, because these words do not even exist! They are generated by a machine learning algorithm. If you wanna have a laugh, go ahead and check it out!
- Quick, Draw: When I’m bored, this is where I go. It’s a website built by Google, where you can have fun with your drawing skills (even if they don’t exist). Draw a terrible doodle and let Google’s new AI try to guess what it is!
- AI Gahaku: How would you look if you were painted by Da Vinci or some other great artist? Turn your photo into a masterpiece with the help of this AI!
- removeBg: This is a completely free tool that allows you to remove the background from any image you have automatically! Just upload the image and let this tool do the job for you!
- Semi-Conductor: Who said you can’t conduct an orchestra from the comfort of your home? Check out this experiment by Google that lets you conduct an AI orchestra through your browser!
Musical hidden gems on the internet
- Acapella Extractor: If you’d like to hear how your favorite song sounds like without the instruments, then this website is your answer! It’s a free tool that allows you to isolate a person’s voice on any track. If you want to go the other way around and remove the vocals, you can also try Vocal Remover! It’s insanely accurate, and the fact that it’s free makes it even better. If you like it, consider donating to the guy who made it.
- Listening Together: This site is offered by Spotify, and shows you when two people start listening to the same song at the exact same time. Listening to music connects us, and here you can see this connection right in front of you.
- Radiooooo: This website lets you explore music from almost any country in any decade since 1900. Are you trying to figure out what decade suits your music taste? This is the place that can give you your answers!
- Soundscape: Soundscape is an immersive music visualizer that lets you build your own beats in a very simple and beautiful way. It’s definitely worth checking out.
- myNoise: This amazing website allows you to enjoy and customize some background noises. It’s great for adding an ambiance to your environment.
Hidden gems on the internet that are FUN
- The Longest Poem in the World: Are you tired of browsing Twitter the traditional way? Try reading the tweets as a poem! This website matches up tweets to create rhyming couplets, creating a never ending poem that you can keep reading for ages.
- Life Stats: How many days have passed since you were born? And how many hours have you slept? Check this website for all the answers! It tells you cool stats about what has happened during your time here on Earth.
- Localingual: The world is full of different accents, and sometimes it’s fun to check the accent and dialect of the people around the world! You can listen to locals speak both their native language and their accent in other languages.
- Sound Of Colleagues: Are you working from home? Do you miss all the ambient sound you used to hear at work? Open this website and let it run in the background! You’ll feel as if you’re back in your office in no time.
- Spend Bill Gates’ Money: What should you do if you somehow win one million dollars? This may or may not happen to you, but it’s good to know the answer. Now the real question is: how would you spend Bill Gates’s entire fortune? Give it a shot and see how much you can buy with it.
Hidden gems on the internet that are full of knowledge
- Muscle Wiki: This website provides a clean and simple exercise body map. If you’re interested in training a specific muscle, all you need to do is click on it and it’ll give you the instructions you need. In addition to normal gym exercises, it allows you to check for stretches and bodyweight exercises.
- Interactive Bomb Blast: What would happen if a nuclear bomb went off in your location? You can now find out that answer! This way, you can be prepared for whatever comes your way. If you’d like some life saving tips about how to survive a nuclear blast (and other scenarios too), check these 18 tips that may save your life one day.
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read: How many times have you been asked to agree to the terms of service when using a website or mobile app? Almost all the time. We all agree, but the truth is that none of us read them. If you’re curious about what you agreed for, you can check the TL;DR versions of them here!
- How A Car Works: Are you interested in learning more about cars and every detail about how they work? Then this website is meant for you. It has a very clean interface, and it’s full of knowledge you might enjoy.
- Diffen: Sometimes, two terms may seem so similar and you can’t figure out the difference between them. Visit Diffen and try comparing them there, you may get your answer! This website allows you to compare anything very easily.
If you liked this collection of websites, make sure to also check our earlier list of websites you wish you knew existed! It contains many tools and useful websites that may help you in your everyday life, so that too is another list of hidden gems on the Internet.
Some of the links may be affiliate links, and we may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of them. Please check our disclaimer for more details