With Easter getting closer, many people remain locked inside their homes. Unfortunately, this means they won’t be able to celebrate it like they used to every year. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this special occasion. In addition to spending time with your family, you can have some fun with an Easter eggs hunt online! Here are some of the hidden Easter eggs on the Internet that you may or may not have stumbled across before:
- The answer to life, the universe and everything: If you’ve seen our list of 42 mind-blowing facts, you’d know that the number 42 has a special significance. Google knows it, and that’s why when you search for “the answer to life, the universe and everything” this is what you get:
- Askew: Go and google the term “askew“. Do you see anything special about this page?
- Flip a coin: What if one day you really need to flip a coin but you don’t have one? Well, Google has your back and will do it for you. Just search for “flip a coin” and let the magic happen!
- Roll a die: just like you can flip a coin, Google will roll a die for you when you need it. All you have to do is ask!
- Play solitaire: You can play many entertaining games on google like solitaire, pac-man, minesweeper, snake… Just google the game you want to play and you might find it within your reach!
- The number of horns on a unicorn: have you ever wondered how many horns a unicorn has? Wonder no more! Here’s your answer:
- Obsolete HTML tags: in the past, there were many HTML tags that were popular in websites but that became obsolete and are no longer used. If you’d like to see them in action, all you have to do is look them up and let Google do the magic! Two of these tags are: “blink html” and “marquee html“.
- Google Barrel Roll: this one is simple. Just ask Google to “do a barrel roll” and it will do it for you!
- Back to the old days: if you’d like to see how the Google search engine used to look like, all you need to do is search for “google in 1998” (PS: this one only works on desktop)
There are tons of other Easter eggs hidden in the Google search engine. Some of them have been found, and others are still secretly hidden. Keep searching, you never know when you find a new Easter egg no one has seen before!